Patrick Casale (he/his)
- Licensure: LCMHC, LCAS, NC
- Services: Group coaching, entrepreneurial retreats, podcast
- Patrick’s message: “I inspire creative, innovative therapists who want to succeed on their own terms but are held back by doubt and shame. I do that by empowering them to own their weirdness and creativity, and channel them in ways that are effective, ensuring their success by fully and unapologetically embracing their authenticity.”
- Website: allthingspractice.com
- Instagram: @casalecoaching
- FB Group: All Things Private Practice
River Marino (they/she)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Florida (SW10050) and North Carolina (C011278)
- Offers holistic online therapy for individuals (adults)
- River’s message: “Healing happens when we feel safe enough to show up exactly as we are. All parts of you are welcome here. I’m not here to change you or fix you. I don’t think you are “broken” or that there’s anything “wrong” with you. Together we’ll create an accepting and compassionate environment, with respect for your intuition + body’s wisdom underlying all that we do. I’m an autistic therapist, trauma + social justice-informed, and view therapy through an intersectional lens (bodymind, environment, culture). During our time together, we’ll likely look at environmental factors (interpersonal, economic, oppression) that create individual/collective stress and trauma. Neurodiversity affirming + LGBTQIP2S affirming
- Website: www.rivermarinolcsw.com
- Instagram: @river.marino
Sarah Elizabeth Ponds, LCSWA (she/they)
- LCSWA in North Carolina
- Services: Individual psychotherapy, both in-person and telehealth.
- Sarah’s message: I offer psychotherapy services in North Carolina to clients age 11+. I enjoy working primarily with teens and young adults. I am a queer, autistic, white, Southern, progressive therapist and social worker who believes that every client is the expert of their own experiences. I believe the goal of therapy is for a client to work on self-healing as they find healing within the community, so that they no longer need therapy. I work with clients with all types of trauma, including religious trauma, intimate partner violence, family systems trauma, etc.. I help clients deconstruct oppressive ideologies, whether we are directly harmed by them or were indoctrinated to believe them. I also specialize in working with LGBTQIA+ clients, including asexual, aromantic, transgender, nonbinary, and bisexual clients. I utilize evidence-based practice and an eclectic approach to fit each client’s needs. My primary approach is solutions-focused, which means that I help you focus on attainable goals, but I am trauma-informed and often utilize somatic techniques and CBT in conjunction. Therapy is a co-creative process that requires clients to be accountable for their own growth. I practice cultural humility and competence as an intersectional feminist. I actively listen to diverse voices in the community so that I can empathetically and sensitively help clients of all races, classes, abilities, beliefs, etc. It would be a privilege to help you in your self-empowerment journey!
- Located and licensed in NC. Also licensed in VA, DC, MD, NJ, NY, and PSYPACT states (AL, AZ, AR, CO, DE, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, ME, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, OH, OK, PA, TN, TX, UT, WA, WV, WI).
- Services: Adult Autism Assessments, Individual Therapy (in-person and teletherapy).
- Caroline’s message: Hello! I am a warm, authentic licensed psychologist who understands that you are a fellow human being doing the best you can to function in a not-so-simple world with a not-so-simple brain. You may feel stuck, confused, and overwhelmed…but you are not broken. You do not need to be fixed. Your challenges are most likely a normal reaction to a difficult situation and tough societal expectations. I’m here as your ally, resource, and guide to help you better understand your story within the context of a complicated world. In addition to therapy, I provide adult autism assessments for those wondering if they are autistic. My testing process is collaborative, streamlined, and affirming. These can be conducted in-person or over Zoom and consist of conversations, interviews, and questionnaires. Visit my website for more detailed information about the process.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.elonpsychology.com
- IG: @elon.psychology
Alex Unwin, LCMHC (he/him)
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, North Carolina (License # 12613)
- Services: Individual and family counseling for autistic clients for adolescents and adults; in-person and telehealth; self-pay only
- Alex’s message: My practice is focused on providing neurodiversity affirming mental health counseling to autistic clients. I will employ an individualized and collaborative approach with you by exploring how you think about things and interact with your world, identifying together what is working and what is not. From there we can develop strategies and shift patterns of thinking in ways that allow you to get what you need out of life while remaining true to who you are.
- Location: Durham, NC
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone/text: 919-801-8966
- Website: www.alexunwincounseling.com
Emily Stone, LMFT (She/Her/Hers)
- Licensure: LMFT in TX, TN, NC, FL
- Services: Individual, Couples, Family, Group…all telehealth
- Emily’s message: Emily is a licensed marriage and family therapist with over 20 years of experience working with adults, couples, families, children, and adolescents. Her reputation as a therapist, supervisor, and professor is one of being open, courageous in dialogue, curious, and respectful of each individual.
- Website: www.unstucktherapygroup.org
- IG: https://www.instagram.com/unstucktherapygroup/
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@unstuckgroupdremilystone
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UnstuckGroup
Amy Jill Seitlin, LCMHCA, ATR (she/they)
- Licensure: Registered Art Therapist (ATR) #19-439 and Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Associate (LCMHCA) NC License #A-15711
- Amy’s message: I offer Autistic-informed, neurodiversity affirming individual art therapy and counseling for children, adolescents, and adults. I am private pay only, with an equitable fee structure for all clients. I will provide a superbill upon request.
- As an AuDHD art therapist, my work is primarily focused on supporting Autistic (or those curious if they may be Autistic) and multiply neurodivergent clients through either the process of their identification as Autistic or understanding what such an identification means in terms of their past, present, and future. Navigating life as an Autistic person can be complicated and often overwhelming and I do my best to help clients learn ways to mitigate the mental health impact of living life as an Autistic person. My work is often special interest-based, client-led, and includes a wide-range of art making individually selected with each client based upon their goals, sensory sensitivities, and creative process. If the client is a child or adolescent, the work I do very often also involves support/education for their parents as well.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone/Text: 704-228-4444
- Website: www.bluebirdavenue.com
- Instagram & Facebook: @bluebird.avenue.art.therapy
Erica H. Johns, LCMHCA (she/her)
- Licensure: LCMHCA A17759, North Carolina
- Services: ADHD/Autism assessments, individual, family, couples/ relationships, groups, teletherapy only, private pay only
- Erica’s message: I help men and women, couples, and military families just like you: ones that have it within them to live their life honestly, but just need the support to get there. I’ve worked with clients who have dealt with some tough $hit. I help my clients find confidence and self-worth by equipping them with the tools they need to better understand themselves and their needs to live the most honest and authentic version of themselves.
- Website: panaceamw.com
- Phone: (252) 618- 6852
- Email: email@example.com
Pamela Splain, LCMHC (She/Her)
- Licensure: LCMHC, United States North Carolina
- Services: Teletherapy individual counseling, family counseling
- Pamela’s message: I provide clinical mental health counseling through Telehealth services. My career as a mental health provider has been focused on working with neurodivergent clients and their families. I strongly value the relationship between a counselor and a client. I strive to build strong connections, understand their stories, and find creative ways to fulfill their needs. It is important that the client guide their treatment and feel connected to any approaches or techniques used. I have experience in many settings and from a variety of counseling perspectives and theories and hope to guide clients in the best approaches that create comfort and success.
- Practice: Bee Tree Counseling PLLC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.beetreecounseling.com
- Phone: 828-214-5172
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beetreecounseling/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/beetreecounseling
Sarah Lempka, MSW, LCSW-A (she/they)
- Licensure: North Carolina (office located in High Point, NC)
- Services: Individuals 18-65 (couples coming in Fall 2023) – telehealth, insurance (INN with BCBS, MedCost, and Carolina Behavioral Health Alliance), and self-pay ($55/session currently)
- Sarah (she/they) is a queer, non-binary, neurodivergent therapist. If you’re struggling with LGBTQIA+ issues, neurodivergence, trauma, relationship struggles, and general stress, I may be able to help. Many times, these issues overlap and tangle together. As a therapist, it is my goal to help you untangle the many webs of your life when it feels like too much to handle on your own. I believe the client is the expert of their own experience, and I am simply here to provide a helping hand and a place to process life’s many events.
- I work closely with LGBTQIA+ and neurodivergent (ADHD and Autistic) folks. I am also knowledgeable about kink identity/dynamics, polyamory/consensual non-monogamy, and trauma. I include elements of DBT, attachment theory, EFT, and somatic treatments in their therapy. I use a person-focused, feminist, and abolitionist framework to help guide treatment.
- If you’re looking for a therapist who will validate your lived experience and help strengthen your skills so you’re ready to take on all that life offers, please reach out. I am passionate about helping clients feel empowered to harness their own wisdom, strength, and self-compassion to better function in their lives.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.moodtreatmentcenter.com/sarah-lempka/
Joseph McBride, LCSWA (they/them)
- Licensure: LCSWA in North Carolina
- Services I offer: individual, couples, adolescents, adults, in-person and telehealth, BCBS and self-pay
- Brief description of services: I have experience working with high-functioning autistic clients, but I have an interest in the entire autistic community, as well as parents and family members of autistic individuals. As someone on the spectrum myself, I know that autism brings a unique set of blessings and challenges, especially in the allistic world we live in. Whether it is battling sensory issues, wanting to understand more about relationships, or just the stress of being different in a world that doesn’t understand, I have the tools to help.
- Website: https://www.etheridgepsychology.com/
- Phone: (919) 600-4906
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Davis, LCSW (she/her)
- Licensure: Licensed Clinical Social Worker in North Carolina, License number: C011059
- Services: Individual therapy
- Michelle’s message: I support adults with ADHD, those experiencing grief and loss, and folx wanting to heal from people pleasing and low self-esteem. I work with clients to create individualized plans for progress using practical tools that create change, as well as teaching them how to connect with their bodies to regulate the nervous system and shift patterns and beliefs that aren’t serving them any longer. I also focus on building self-compassion so clients can grow from a place of valuing their unique life experiences and how they’ve adapted to them. I use a combination of mindfulness, brainspotting, internal family systems, and CBT.
- Website: www.innerwindowcounseling.com
- Email: email@example.com
Leah Barnes, LCMHC, QS (she/her)
- Licensure: LCMHC (10371) and Qualified Supervisor (125960) in North Carolina , LPC (6130) in South Carolina
- Services: Individual therapy, Licensure supervision for LCMHCAs, virtual only, superbills available for private pay clients, INN with Aetna, Cigna, UHC, Oxford, Oscar, & Optum
- Leah’s message: I provide individual, virtual therapy to adults and older teens looking to figure out who they are. I specifically focus on those who are recently diagnosed or suspect they are neurodivergent, and help them explore their newly discovered neurotype. As someone who didn’t know they were ND until adulthood, I understand the excitement of having a term for why you never really fit in, alongside the sadness over lost time when you were trying to fit into a neurotypical mold. I’m here to help you unmask (when safe to do so) and be your authentic self.
- Website: ridgelinecas.com
- Email: Leah@ridgelinecas.com
- Phone/text: 704-776-1632
Anna Slaydon, MA, LCMHC (She/her)
- Licensure: LCMHC in NC License #13039
- Services: Individual, couples, parents, family counseling specifically for OCD and related disorders
- Anna is passionately committed to providing quality care for OCD and related disorders, including hoarding, body focused repetitive behaviors, panic disorder, and specific phobias. She is a member of the International OCD Foundation and frequently participates in education and collaboration with OCD experts around the world. She has been treating OCD as a specialist for many years and over 90% of her clients have a diagnosis of OCD or related disorder. Treatment modalities she may incorporate in your treatment includes Exposure Response Prevention Therapy (ERP or ERPT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Comprehensive Behavioral (ComB) Treatment, and Metacognitive Therapy (MCT).
- Website: www.greaterhopecounseling.com
- Phone: 336-494-8856
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kris Hopkins (She/They)
- Licensure: Provisional license in NC – supervised by Dr. Caroline Long while studying for licensure exam
- Services: Adult Autism Assessments, Individual Therapy (in-person and teletherapy)
- Kris’s message: I am passionate about providing therapy and adult autism assessments from a holistic point of view. I specialize in health psychology, trauma, autism, ADHD, chronic illness and working with individuals in the LGBTQ+ community. I have found that my lived experiences have driven the areas of psychology I focus on the most. Being queer, AuDHD, and having my own experiences with trauma and chronic illness, I have experienced firsthand some downfalls of the healthcare system. I try my hardest to help others with both similar and different lived experiences navigate life through finding balanced, sustainable, and holistic solutions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.elonpsychology.com
Sarah Mehta, LCMHC, LCAS (she/her/hers)
- Licenses: LCMHC 12829, licensed in NC and LCAS 23587, licensed in NC
- Services: Individual therapy (both online and in-person) for adults
- Sarah’s message: I specialize in working with queer, neurodivergent, AFAB women and gender-expansive professionals of color in the creative industry and the helping industry (such as artists, marketers, therapists, physicians, and more) who struggle with getting stuck and easily overwhelmed by their emotions and thoughts, feeling disconnected, scared, or lost in their relationships, haphazardly channeling their energy and creativity (both personally and professionally) in a way that does not feel sustainable or meaningful, and questioning the impact of their family upbringing on their lives. Most folx I work with have been diagnosed with ADHD as adults and/or suspect they may have ADHD. In addition, most folx I work with hold trauma related to their family and/or relationship history.
- As a queer, neurodivergent, BIPOC entrepreneur and therapist, I know that it is critical to have someone in your life who can hold space skillfully and compassionately so that you can be vulnerable about what’s really going on in your world without having to explain yourself, defend yourself, or anticipate being misunderstood, judged, or minimized before you even speak. Holding multiple intersecting minority identities can be exhausting, disheartening, and confusing- even more so when we are living in a world founded in capitalism, the patriarchy, white supremacy, heteronormativity, sexism, ableism, racism, sizeism, and all of the other broken systems that exist today and are not designed for us.
- Every Frodo needs a Sam- someone who goes with you into the fires of Mount Doom with compassion, humor, and a bullshit detector. As we work together, I can help you get back into your body and learn practical skills to navigate your pain. My goal is to help you create a life where you are thriving in your personal and professional roles, confident to be your authentic self, and empowered to set boundaries and engage in your life in a way that works for you.
- Website: www.mountainsoulcounseling.com
- Welcome video: https://youtube.com/shorts/5NmlgnrSqMY?feature=share
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text: 828-547-3790
Dana M. Cea, LCMHC (she/they)
- Licensure: LCMHC 14204, North Carolina
- Services: ADHD/Autism assessments, individual, family, couples/ relationships, groups, teletherapy only, private pay only.
- Dana’s message: Panacea Mental Wellness, PLLC provides an affirming place for folx to create their authentic lives. Together, we focus on clients’ strengths so they can overcome low self-confidence and experience the life they deserve.
- Website: panaceamw.com
- Phone: (252) 618- 6852
- Email: email@example.com