Caroline Srbeny, LPC, NCC (she/her)
- Nationally Certified Counselor and Licensed Professional Counselor in Illinois
- Services: Individual therapy for adults, telehealth only
- Caroline’s message: My mission is to help autistic women and LGBTQIA+ folks as they cope with things such as anxiety, depression, relationship issues, chronic illness, and executive dysfunction. Practicing from an Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) standpoint, which emphasizes living fully as the person you want to be, we’ll work together to navigate what’s getting in the way of that. As a neurodivergent therapist, I combine my lived experience and my clinical knowledge to provide a space that is safe, comfortable, and affirming.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Psychology Today: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/caroline-srbeny-chicago-il/861424
- Website: https://renewyouchicago.com/caroline-srbeny.html
Anna Nokes, LCSW (she/her)
- Licensed as a LCSW in IL #149024417
- Services: Telehealth and in person in Chicago for teens and adults from a Health At Every Size LGBTQIA+ and neurodivergent affirming lens; ditching diet culture support group; religious trauma support group.
- Website: https://www.soleilpsychotherapy.com/about#anna
- Email: email@example.com
- Ph: (312)945-7774
- IG: annanokestherapy
Jx Heithmar, LCSW (They/Them)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Illinois (149.023498)
- Services: Individual therapy for adolescents and adults, couples therapy, family therapy, teletherapy only
- Jx’s message: Jx believes that the world we all reside in makes it very challenging to know our true selves and even harder to feel as though we are thriving as such. They also believe that the potential for people to change or grow despite this is profound. You have the power to peel away layers of trauma and emotional baggage to exist in your truest and best form. Living under capitalism, our perceptions of what a happy, healthy person is gets distorted, making it difficult to navigate relationships, manage stress, and overcome hardship. Partnership in therapy is important. You are encouraged to guide your own sessions while Jx provides perspective, redirection when helpful, and most importantly, a safe and affirming environment to be vulnerable and receive support. Through an anti-racist, feminist, strength’s based framework, Jx will collaborate to help you achieve your goals. Jx incorporates a wide range of clinical skills, including Trauma-Informed CBT, DBT, Motivational Interviewing, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. They are LGBTQ affirming and specialize in working with anyone struggling with sexuality or gender identity issues.
Carolyn Braverman, LCPC (She/Her/Hers)
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in Illinois (180003558)
- Services: Individual therapy for adolescents, adults, and seniors, couples therapy, family therapy, teletherapy only
- Carolyn’s message: With over 20 years of experience in the field of mental health, Carolyn has come to trust that the therapeutic bond is crucial to a feeling of safety for the client. Because therapy is an intimate experience, Carolyn tailors treatment plans as a co-created process, ensuring that the client’s individual needs are addressed. Carolyn works to integrate proven techniques to tailor solutions that are not only practical but create lasting change. Carolyn’s original training as a Dance-Movement therapist informs her work as mental health therapist. This specialized training included movement, art, and music as mediums for growth and change. She utilizes this training to holistically treat each client. As a psychotherapist, Carolyn works with individuals, couples, and families. Carolyn believes that at the core of the therapeutic relationship is the connection between therapist and client. She is able to use her own personal qualities as a non-judgmental, warm and empathic person in the therapist and client relationship. Carolyn encourages her clients to be gentle with themselves as they go through the process of healing and change. She believes that each client has his, her or their own life experiences, values, and life beliefs. These values and beliefs are essential to the client feeling empowered and setting their own goals for therapy and for their life. Carolyn is certified in DBT and utilizes a psychodynamic approach. She also utilizes Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, mindfulness, and CBT in her work with clients. Carolyn has a particular interest in working with depression, bipolar disorder, personality disorders, trauma, and substance abuse.
Nahime G. Aguirre Mtanous, LSW (she/her/ella)
- Licensed Social Worker in Illinois, USA
- Services: in-person individual therapy, in-person group therapy, telehealth individual therapy, and telehealth group therapy
- Nahime’s message: My work is specialized to support the mental health of adults with various presentations of neurodiversity, like Autism, ADHD, Obsessive Compulsive, Traumatic Brain Injuries, Down’s Syndrome, Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities. You might be looking for someone to help you work on “adulting.” You may be dealing with the stress of becoming independent. You are hoping to work through the anxiety and depression from living in a world that isn’t built for people like us. We can work together to figure out your values. You and I will create goals towards finding your own happiness and feeling powerful in your own skin.
- Phone number: 773-799-8966
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @nahime
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/people/Nahime-Aguirre-LSW/100082389735325/
Carmen F. Juneidi (she/hers)
- Licensure: Illinois and Florida (US)
- Services: Individual and couples therapy, 100% Telehealth. Ages 13 and up.
- Carmen’s message: I am a trauma-informed psychotherapist with personal and professional experience working with neurodivergent people, as well as other groups facing discrimination in our society. I understand the unique challenges affecting the neurodivergent population, including vulnerability to experience trauma, dismissal and invalidation throughout their lives. This often results in Complex PTSD, anxiety and difficulties regarding trusting themselves and others. Using a strengths-based, neurodiversity-affirming approach, I help autistic/ADHD people live safely and authentically in the world, knowing how to set boundaries and communicate their needs effectively. I help them honor their energy patterns to avoid anxiety and burnout, help them process their traumatic experiences and help create more accurate narratives of those events. It is important for me to create a strong therapeutic alliance, in which my clients feel seen, heard and safe. I always welcome honest feedback and I strive to be a better clinician with each passing year. I am 100% bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Insurances accepted (**Illinois only**): BCBS, Aetna and Medicare part B. Florida clients: private pay/out of network *only*. I currently have a short WAITLIST for 2023 clients.
- Website: www.purpletreecounseling.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 312-767-4224
- We serve OH, IL, OR, WA, and AZ.
- We provide cash-pay and insurance therapy services as well as psychiatry. (Due to insurance contracts we are cash-pay only for ASD evals but this can be spread out over several sessions). We do accept insurance for ADHD evals and treatment.
- We are passionate about neurodiversity and care of marginalized populations.
- Website: psychcareanywhere.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brooke Garren, LCSW (she/her)
- Illinois and Indiana Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Services: child and adult individual and group therapy, adult and individual coaching, DIR/Floortime Therapy
- Brooke’s message: Brooke (she, her, hers) is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker committed to treating individuals, couples and families navigating neurological differences. Her clinical interests lie in aiding neurodivergents to understand themselves, hone their differences, and in teaching families how to support their neurodivergent loved ones in an affirming way. She also focuses on addressing trauma, sensory integration issues, perfectionism, and self-esteem/self-acceptance.
- Brooke uses a person-centered, strength-based approach in working with clients and the relationships they have in their lives. Brooke believes the dominant approach to ND care in schools and therapeutic approaches are at odds with neurodivergent affirming care and fails to understand the complexity of the individual and their unique differences. To mitigate this, Brooke uses an integrative model of change, highlighting the strengths of different theories to fit the clients’ identified needs.
- Brooke is both a nurturing and direct therapist, displaying patience with the process of treatment and providing a safe and secure relationship with which clients can process their vulnerabilities. With a client’s aspirations in mind, she holds him or her accountable for the change they desire and moves with them on their path to achieving their goals.
- Brooke received her bachelor’s degree in Social Work from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. She received her master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Social Work from Washington University in St. Louis. She has extensive training in neurodivergent therapy, crisis intervention, behavioral therapy, and trauma. Brooke is currently pursuing additional certifications DIR/Floortime and Autplay Therapy.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://uniquelyyoubehavioralhealth.com/
Uniquely You Behavioral Health
- Services provided by LCSWs, LCPCs, LSWs, LPCs, and interns in the state of Illinois. Occupational Therapy available. DIR/Floortime provided by masters prepared clinicians
- Individual, Group, Couples and Family Therapy available in-person and virtually.
- Uniquely You Behavioral Health exists to provide a space where individuals with autism and other neurodivergence and their families feel welcome and accepted. Therapeutic, medical, and even school settings often focus on “changing” the person to be “normal” and fit within “social norms.” Uniquely You understands that neurodivergence affects the way people interact with the world and are a part of them that is not to be changed or diminished. We aim to empower individuals and families to be who they are and to educate the community about people with neurodivergent conditions. Through various modalities, Uniquely You partners with individuals to develop strategies and work toward self-acceptance, increase life satisfaction and live their most authentic life.
- Website: www.uniquelyyoubehavioralhealth.com
- Phone: 779-707-3717
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: uniquely_you_behavioral_health
Camille Sears, LPC, LCPC, ATR (She/Her/Hers)
- Licensure: LPC in Oklahoma (10800), LCPC in Illinois (180.011513), and ATR (national) (17-023)
- Services: Individual, Couples, Group Yoga, Art Therapy, Age 15+, Teletherapy only, insurance and private pay($150)
- Camille’s message: I am a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and Licensed Art Therapist with 10 years of professional work experience. I work with clients with a wide range of concerns including ADHD, anxiety, interpersonal/relationship issues, parenting struggles, career challenges, and life transitions. I also work with couples to repair trust, improve communication, and strengthen their emotional intimacy. I specialize in art therapy as a modality of counseling because it encourages processing emotions through creative expression. Art therapy accesses the right hemisphere of the brain where all emotional and traumatic memories are stored. Each session I create an individualized approach through combining traditional talk therapy techniques with specialized art therapy prompts in order to help individuals release life’s emotional and mental blocks. Taking the first step to seeking a more fulfilling and happier life takes courage. I am here to support you in that journey.
- Practice name: Kaleidoscope Healing Arts
- Camille Sears, LCPC, ATR
- Address: 7521 S. Olympia Avenue West #1100, Tulsa, OK 74132
- Phone: 918-200-2894
Angela Overholt, MSW, LCSW (she/her)
- Licensure: Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of Illinois #149019395
- Services: Individual therapy for young adults, college students, and adults via teletherapy or in person.
- Accepted Insurance Plans: Aetna, BlueCross and BlueShield, Health Alliance, Humana, Magellan, Medicare, UnitedHealthcare UHC | UBH
- Angela’s message: As a late-diagnosed Neurodivergent queer therapist I am passionate about working with other Neurodivergent adults, specifically, those who are diagnosed, self-diagnosed, or seeking a diagnosis for Autism or ADHD. I am equally passionate about working with individuals who identify as LGBTQIA+ or gender-diverse and recognize intersectionality and how it impacts well-being. I also specialize in the treatment of food, weight, and body image concerns for all bodies (including Trans, Non-binary, BIPOC, and cis-gendered bodies), attachment and relational trauma, anxiety disorders, mood and adjustment disorders, and chronic health management. My practice is grounded in affirmative and anti-oppression frameworks and my approach is client-centered, strengths-based, affirming, and trauma-informed. I am certified as a Sensorimotor Psychotherapist, a somatic talk therapy approach for the treatment of trauma. I am a longtime practitioner of yoga and received my RYT-200 certification in 2015. Currently, I am working on my Body Trust certification through the Body Trust Center.
- Location: Insight Therapy, LLC, Champaign, IL 61822
- Practice Phone Number: (217) 301-2899
- Email: email@example.com
- To schedule a 30 minute free consultation with me please call (217) 301-2899 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Insight Therapy, LLC link: https://www.insighttherapyllc.com/therapist-profiles/angela-overholt-lcsw
- Psychology Today Profile: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/angela-overholt-champaign-il/375729
Jennifer Spitler, LPC/LCPC (she/hers)
- Licensure: LPC in Colorado and LCPC in Illinois
- Services: Individual counseling, telehealth. In network with Aetna, BCBS, Cigna. Also accepting self-pay and sliding scale.
- Jennifer’s message: Minds in Bloom is a counseling and mental health practice providing counseling services to neurodivergent populations. Specializing in adult ADHD, mindfulness based cognitive therapy, self esteem work and relationship care. Our mission is to promote awareness and appreciation of neurodivergence and neurodiversity.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 312-847-4678
- Website: mindsinbloomtherapy.com
- IG: @mindsinbloomtherapy